A few weeks ago I gave a lecture at Cambridge School of Culinary Arts Pastry program about chocolate.  The lecture is 3 hours long and held in the evening so I decided to make the students a big batch of chipotle chocolate pulled pork.  When I picked up my ingredients from the school's purchasing department my pork shoulder had the skin still on.  I love it when ingredients end up having bonus ingredients built in.
After getting my pork together, simmering in a pot of chili chocolate loveliness I turned to the skin.  Following the directions set forth by my fellow SeriousEats contributor Chichi I put the skin in salt and let it sit for a week.
After the skin was removed from the salt I gently cooked it in pork fat until it was tender, about 2 hours.  According to Chichi at this point my skin can stay submerged in the fat forever.  And this is how it sits in my fridge surrounded by lovely white fat.  When I'm ready I will turn my oven up high and roast the skin until it is deep brown and crisp.  Then salt it and eat it.

A very big thank you to the CSCA purchasing department for getting fantastic ingredients with a lovely bonus attached.

Comments

06/11/2013 05:42

This one about the pork skin scratching is an interesting read. Chipotle chocolate pulled pork is a different way to make a dish and it is nice that you have clearly explained about them over here. Many thanks for a describing about a good dish.

09/23/2013 05:39

Personally I totally agree with author opinion about this subject and I think that it would be really interesting to create such discussion with other this website visitors.=))and go on=)

My reasearch work has just came to a conclusion after reading this brilliant masterpiece and i am making a wise decision to share it

01/29/2014 05:39

I would like to thank you for your nicely written post, its informative and your writing style encouraged me to read it till end

another glorious work shown here, most outstanding one to have a quick access to article and recieve the results within a short time period.

These are really a superb showcases here I am glad to have a review of it and feel to roll on its steps for my benefit always

Excellent topic to have a short review, i am certainly impressed while having a look on to it and everyone needs to follow it now on

I found this post an educational one to glance. Thank you for broadening my knowledge on this aspect to groom up my skills here.

01/17/2014 02:37

A most trusted one to get onto this platform while reading this article, noteworthy one to read it

01/17/2014 02:37

another glorious work shown here, most outstanding one to have a quick access to article here

01/17/2014 02:38

Well explained logic, that's true and must be followed for best outputs to have a brilliant experience for future assistance

01/17/2014 02:38

Brilliant information being shared here with us, learned best examples from it to make myself more awared of with this situation

Great information shared with the users here, if eel delighted with it.

I am extremely impressed thanks for sharing all information. It is a great post for the people to get the proper information

Mix in the basics. Fundamentals such as screen setting, dribbling and shooting mechanics are an extremely import part of the game that players have a hard time developing on their own. Make drills that emphasize these issues an integral part of the teaching process, but do not make them the only focus. Focusing solely on fundamentals for a practice can become monotonous for the players. Thanks a lot.

11/26/2013 23:33

Thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.Cheers for the information. This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic

After i selected my own components from your school's acquiring division my own pig shoulder acquired your skin layer still upon. I adore it when components end up possessing reward components built in.

09/10/2013 00:22

I love to surf the internet and the main reason being is the knowledge I get from posts such as this. And really I found something very informative. Thanks.

09/15/2013 21:19

I really liked the above video. It is indeed quite motivating and inspirational too.

When he picked up my ingredients from the school's purchasing department my pork shoulder had the skin still on. he love it when ingredients end up having bonus ingredients built in.

09/26/2013 04:19

Frankly, we haven't analyzed this to the point that we stand firmly on that calculation. But from Edge Studio's perspective as a premier voice production and training facility, we can attest that, for many reasons, the voice over field continues to grow, and the need for voice over talent is booming.

09/26/2013 21:54

10/04/2013 01:03

I like the way you described the topic with such clarity. This is something I have been thinking about for a long time and you really captured the essence of the subject.

I am so much excited after reading your blog. Your blog is very much innovative and much helpful for any industry as well as for person.!!!

10/21/2013 13:50

Your articles are always interesting and understandable. Thank you!

10/26/2013 06:14

Nice chili chocolate! Is it really made using skin. Can we use supplementary of skin.

10/30/2013 13:38

I really like this post. It is very interesting topic and the author is really clever and broadminded person. I would like to read another post this author with great pleasure.

12/04/2013 20:45

Green Power International was established in early 2002 in close cooperation with MWM GmbH (formerly Deutz Power System GmbH).

01/22/2014 01:04

This might just be the weather fooling me. Sudden wind change or something like that. It sometimes happens that I get fooled by the weather also.

01/22/2014 07:45

clearly like your web site nonetheless you want to take a look at the spelling on quite several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling difficulties and I to find it extremely bothersome to inform the reality nevertheless certainly come once more once again.

01/28/2014 11:04

I have been teaching a class and we are looking at this subject in the next week. I will be directing my student to look at your post for good information.

02/20/2014 03:22

Hello,I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation

03/17/2014 21:05

Thank you for this great information, you write very well which i like very much.